Smartasses of the world unite!!

Generally a smartass and believer in the Twainism that Against the assualt of laughter, nothing can stand. Mission: mock bigotry, narcisism, and ignorance. This is a collection of thoughts on baseball, politics, economics, and occasional other things.

Follow me on Twitter

Friday, March 12, 2010

Why are we angrier about health care than the financial meltdown?

I am baffled as to why we are angrier about health care reform (regardless of which side you are on) than we are about the financial meltdown on 2008.

Basically the worst financial meltdown has brought us the worst economy since the 1930s. The causes of it are known, but the degree to which the misconduct has been investigated, and specific legal cases are not part of the news. I would think it would be were it happening. For that reason I'm inclined to think it's not happening.

Bankers are still leveraged, and the toxic assets that were the rot in the system (so we were told) are still in the system. Some reports tell us that there are more foreclosures coming, and more defaults are expected.

Well, hopefully this is the beginning. I doubt it, but I hope so. We need more Dylan Ratigans in the media.

I posted this MSNBC video of Mr. Ratigan's show - which I could not find on msnbc.com, but have here from Huffington Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment