Smartasses of the world unite!!

Generally a smartass and believer in the Twainism that Against the assualt of laughter, nothing can stand. Mission: mock bigotry, narcisism, and ignorance. This is a collection of thoughts on baseball, politics, economics, and occasional other things.

Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Primary night

Not a partisan post here. Most of my friends know where I stand, but I am genuinely concerned about the path of the GOP.

Then again it's their own fault. For a long time the party of small government has done little to fulfill that platform. Cutting taxes, which we all like, but not cutting spending. GOP faithful will blame Dems any way that they can, but the party that had held the White House for 20 of the past 30 years, the House from 1994 - 2006, and the Senate from 98-00, and 02-06 can only blame themselves for the fragmentation it's now going through visa-vis groups like the Tea Party, the Evangelical Fundamentalist Christians.

I don't want to debate the details here, but it seems that the Party of Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt can't be simultaneously shrinking all functions of government, and expanding it's reach into social issues. For all the talk about individual freedoms they sure do take the side of big corporation when it comes to issues of worker rights.

I hope they figure it out. I'm sure Dems don't have all the answers either, but from my eyes they're a little more consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment